Thursday, January 17, 2013

well hello.... my name is terri.... how have you been? oh wait! you do remember me?! i know, i know.... been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long since i wrote last. don't blame me. if anyone/thing is to get the blame, i'd say go for my photography class and physics.

so physics! for those of you who don't follow me on facebook, i actually passed the bane of my existence with a B! and i got an A- in the lab. this is the result of many hours trying to figure out those blankety-blank-blank physics problems in homework, passing the only exam (before the final) with enough bonus points to give me a C. i would love to see my final.... i really want to know how i did. my lab partner got a C in the class, and she did better than i did on the first test. go figure... i ain't gonna argue. if you remember (or not) i had to build a functioning robot in the lab. lab only met once a week for an hour... challenge to say the least. well, at the 11th hour we got our robot working!! to celebrate, i was introduced to a new burger joint (very yummy and cheap) by my lab partner... and then we studied together for the final. mostly i tried to help her complete her homework, which helped me remember all those dang equations that i just hate so much. one of my brothers and his wife had asked me why i was taking physics... i have no idea what possessed me, but i passed and now i am done with GenEds!!!

this is "artie" the arduino.... this isn't the completed version, but pretty darn close. this was taken right before thanksgiving break. he worked then.... it took every minute of every lab time after break to get him finished!














not much to say about my "methods of art criticism" class. not exactly an easy A... i ended with an A-... but it was fun. i had to write gallery reviews, abstracts about the most boring chapter readings ever. i had made the mistake of looking up some of the work by the various artists... i was curious as to what i was reading about (most of them i have never heard of). BIG MISTAKE!!! i had seen some of the most vile and disturbing pieces ever. i know art is subjective and not everyone will like everything... but some of the stuff we had to discuss just made me ill. but, the whole point of the class was to figure out what art is and why we call some things are and other stuff "junk".

my photography class was a blast!!!! expensive! it took a few weeks to put up some work that the prof really liked, praised more than anything... but so worth the wait. about two weeks before thanksgiving break i put up 15 pictures... she was impressed with the numbers AND said that they were all final print/project quality. i loved hearing that. at midterms i knew what my final project would be about, so i started taking pictures right away. spent every saturday at the lab developing prints, making reprints... by the weekend before the break i had enough pictures. the task next was to figure which picture and where to place it in the book (shutterfly,com was my friend). i was done with my final the monday of break, it was delivered by black friday, and i could just vegg the rest of the semester in that class. i did have to work on our collabrative project. as a class we were to each take turns wearing a bear costume and then take a picture of us doing something crazy or normal... so out of my comfort zone. well, i went around with a group, so my courage level was up a little. i wound up sitting in a chair right next to someone who was sound asleep... i just made an "oh my" kind of face and someone snapped the picture. the guy woke up then and was really confused, oh well. we then had to turn our pictures into stickers... fun! so.. easy A for me! and done early... so out of character for me.

 on of my professor's favorites! and this was a fluke. i tried to make my own version of "the three white dresses".... but the lighting wasn't on my side. but this close-up of my wedding dress did. it was even one of my pieces hung up in my first 'real' art show...
i love this picture.... and so did my prof. she said that it was so much more than a picture of the sky...











so if you're still with me.... i'll post again (i promise) about the first two weeks of this semester... not much has happened... but still....

No comments: