Saturday, July 31, 2010

Aidan Turns 4!

My sweet baby is now 4... a BIG BOY. I thought it would be nice to throw him a party, since he's only had one. It was a 'playgroup' party... all the kids from playgroup and then those from his sunbeam class were invited. The day was perfect!!! I had asked my grandma if I could have the party at her house since mine is too small and I wanted to let the kids play in the water. Couldn't have asked for better weather, better friends or food. The one downsides, I had to borrow a camera so I couldn't get video of Aidan's reactions... PRICELESS!













In the beginning.... my dad played the pool man and the kids wasted no time in getting wet.













The kids loved playing in the water. The temp and humidity were a pleasant surprise, but the breeze made for some chattering teeth.













A Toy Story theme party, gotta love Wal-Mart's party section. So worth every penny. The foil is covering cookie bars, I didn't have any leftovers of those.














Enjoying the food, shade, and PERFECT weather for this kind of party.














More eating shots.













We came inside to open presents because the wind picked up a bit. I didn't want to chase paper down. And indoors was a better option for the camera I was using.













I kept having to tell the kids to back up, they all wanted to see what Aidan got... and then play with it.













Aidan loves to get cards with sounds. I helped his great grandma to pick this out, a Woody's Roundup card with 'Riders in the Sky' singing the theme song. BIG HIT!













Can you tell he was happy? I would have loved to get the reaction on video, but I didn't have my camera. I was glad that I made him open this one last.













I was tryin to show him that Woody talks, he was just too excited to care. He was out of the package real quick.













His rice krispie treat cupcakes! The kids loved them, and so did the moms, but for different reasons.













He's into pluggin his ears when anyone sings, doesn't matter if it's to him or not. At least, this year, he didn't hide under the table.


















ALREADY.... Woody is a very dirty man right now. You can't tell just how much in this picture, but he is, trust me. And this was taken only a few hours after the party.

2 comments:

Laura said...

So cute! I love the one of you cracking up while he opens his presents. And the rice krispie cupcakes? Genius. :)

Becca said...

So fun! Can't believe he's such a big boy! What a smart idea to make the rice krispy cupcakes for him! You're such a great mommy!