Monday, September 17, 2012

i learned...

a lot this past week. and i also got in a little trouble with the wally-world, but that story is actually a little funny. so, here we go with week three sum-up:

physics: I GOT IT! well, most of it. thank heavens, the only time the professor called on me for an answer, i knew it. turns out, the tutor site i went to on monday is exactly what we talked about on wednesday. i felt so smart, but then i leaned over to the guy sitting next to me and fessed up to my smartness. he got a good chuckle out of it. and he and i both laugh at our professor's attempts to draw. the lab would have been great, but the proper programs weren't loaded onto the computer, so our arduinos didn't work. my partner and i were the only ones that said anything, makes me wonder why. anyways, i ordered a book to help me out with the homework and any concepts that just blow right over my head. thank goodness i did. i used it to help with some of my homework a few nights ago, three more problems done and 4 more to go. i have until the end of the month to finish.

photography: monday was the day to learn how to take our film and turn them into negatives. i had no idea that the very first step (removal from case to the reels to the developer tank) had to be done in the pitch black! we practiced with dummy rolls and i felt that i could do it. so did a few others. the professor drew my name out of a tank to be the guinea pig (YES!). she was impressed with how fast i did the rolls and that i did a text-book job. yea me! she walked me through the development process and it seems pretty easy. i did it all by my lonesome this past saturday with my two new rolls. wednesday we learned how to turn our pages of negatives into a contact sheet. just about a 'no-brainer'. so my first two rolls of film were done by wednesday afternoon. i had to do everything for my next two rolls saturday to be ready for class today. let me tell you, creepy being in the lab by yourself. toooooo quiet! it's a very secure building, so i was safe... but still felt a bit creepy. i found a radio and blasted a rock station, that helped. in about an hour and a half, two more rolls of film turned into negatives and contact sheets.

criticism: already i turned in an assignment late. we have to do abstracts of our reading assignments, have them ready by the next class, then turn them in before midnight the day it's due. well, we didn't talk about the last one and i forgot. i was up early wednesday morning, doing my morning ritual.... DAH!! i turned in my assignment with a note of apology and stated that i was prepared to take my 'no points', but please tell me what i would have gotten. turns out, i wasn't the only one who forgot. he wound up giving my my points (all two of them) and said "never again" to doing that. i'll take it. wednesday we went to a fellow classmates art show. beautiful work!!! i was happy to find out that she had prints of her work and said "i want you to have them, take as many as you want." i did! we are actually using this show for our first review write up. i'm a bit nervous, but i have always done pretty well with my writings. i can't just write my opinion of the show, i actually have to include some research.... suck! oh well, gotta learn it, so i'm gonna do it.

now on to my next photography assignment, edges, and work on that review.... maybe some physics homework too.

No comments: