Monday, September 10, 2012

my day... in pictures

are you shocked!? two posts in one day... and one with pictures too. i decided to give you an idea of where i go and what i see while i'm at school. i didn't take too many pictures, i didn't want to look too dorky. so, here we go:

 this is that commuter lot that my friend said fills up fast. so far i have been able to get a space every time. if not, then i would have to park across the busy street at walmart and hike over. NOT an option. i'm usually about the 8th row back.
 the building the the foreground is the actual physics building, which is where i have my lab. the building furthest away is the isat building, which is where my actual class is. the three buildings are actually connected, so no walking outside if i don't have too. and yes, there really are few students walking around at this hour of the morning.
that's the set of steps i hike up three days a week. doesn't seem so bad, but that first week i was wheezing by the time i got to the top. third week, not so much wheezing, but really needing water once i get in the building.







ok, this isn't normally part of my school day. but today i didn't realize how empty my gas tank was until i was half way to class. no problems, i'll just get gas in between classes and be done with it. can't do that unless you have money! which i didn't because i left my wallet at home!!!! i called my dad and asked if he could bring me some gas so i wouldn't get stranded on my way home. this is the note i left him. my daddy loves me!! and yes, i will make those cookies for him, double batch.

this is one view of the new baseball/softball fields. pretty huh? i get to gaze on this on the walk from my car to my photography class. maybe one day i'll get to actually see a game here.
 THIS is where my photography class is held. i promise we have a window, but only one, and the blinds are usually closed. kind of sad huh? at least the professor lets us play music to make the environment not so stiff. and we probably won't be in the classroom too much since we will need to take pictures.
 the studio, or just 'studio'. this is where i go for my criticism class. i think the window on the far left is my classroom... don't hold me to that though. it's very industrial inside and has old creaky floors, i like it!

this is the busy street i get to cross twice. i park by the photo building and just walk over for the criticism class, literally across the street from each other. because of a few fatalities of people crossing when they weren't supposed to, i cross when the little man tells me too.






so there ya have it. a better idea of what my day looks like. should have done this last year, the buildings on the main campus are just beautiful. and there are lots of old trees to give lots of shade and nice places to sit while you wait for your next class.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

hey that's a nice lookin campus!