Friday, November 4, 2011

another week bites the dust

oh, i have been one busy bee. lots of studying (yes, i do that sometimes) and papers to write. and i finally have an advisor! adult degree program people have to find our own advisors because we are non-traditional students. well, after many "i'm not right for you, try...." i finally have one. she's the ADP liaison and is still baffled as to why i wasn't sent to her from the start. oh well. so my concentration is "archival photographs and historical processes". don't worry, she told me that this can guarantee me a job because some of the classes and internship i would take works with someone with power... she knows people. i am really excited about what i get to do and so is my advisor. now, hopefully this will enable me to get financial aid through jmu!

gcom, communications class, has been fun. we have been working on our 'this i believe' essay, which will be turned into a speech for next week. monday i left early,wednesday and today we haven't had class. my poor professor has damaged his hip (i think) and had to cancel classes. but, no matter what, we will start our speeches on monday! by the way, due to 10 bonus points (taking a test that needed to be taken and the practice before) i now have an A in the class.

gwrtc, my writing class, is becoming intense. mostly cause of the work load, it's not really that bad, it just seems like a lot. we finished up our second paper (still waiting for grades) and we jumped right into our next assignment. this one can be one anything, but it requires pictures and narration. i voiced my "but i can't do this if it requires programs that i don't have" issues, the professor said that i was not to worry. i can download the needed program for free... but that still leaves me with a need for a microphone. details that i can work out later. so it needs to be 5-6 minutes in length and the transcript is due just before thanksgiving break.

ghis, history of course, has been kickin my tail. did i tell you that 70% of the class failed the first exam? yeah, that's right! and i was among the 70%... a big whoppin 47! it soothed erica's hatred of math to know that even mommy fails sometimes. anyways, i was determined NOT to get another F. i studied my notes everyday for two weeks, i even took the notes with me on my shopping days. i was worried that the 50pt question would be on WWI or the new deal, the more recent lectures, which i hadn't been able to study as much. well, the 50 pointer was on the various people in the west... NAILED IT! i wrote so many facts on each group he asked about my hand is still hurting. i spent about 30 - 40 minutes on that question alone. we had 5 10 point questions to answer and i got those too... one or two may have not been answered as fully as he wanted, but i think i got enough down on paper that i will get most points. here's to the power of prayer and preparation!!!! i'll let ya know what i got in like three weeks... yes, he takes that long to grade them.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

haha when i was in school, it really did make me feel better knowing that my dad sucked at math too!